DOT Physical Exam in St Petersburg FL
AFC Urgent Care Located at 2241 66th St N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710 is Open 8AM-8PM Monday Through Friday and 8AM-5PM Saturday and Sunday. Our DOT Certified Doctors Provide Physical Exams Needed for Your Commercial Driver’s License and CDL Application. Call To Schedule An Appointment.
If you love to drive and you want to make a career of it, the first step you need to take to obtain your commercial driver’s license is to get your DOT physical exam.
A DOT physical exam is administered to ensure that you’re physically fit to operate a commercial vehicle without endangering yourself and other drivers. Some of the requirements include:
- Vision must be 20/40 correctable in each eye and combined, with or without correction
- Ability to determine the difference between the colors of traffic lights
- Ability to hear a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet
- Controlled blood pressure according to the FMCSA guidelines
- Blood sugar must be no higher than 200, and will need a waiver if on insulin
- No use of habit forming drugs, amphetamines or narcotics
At AFC Urgent Care St Petersburg near Tyrone our DOT Certified Doctors administer DOT physical exams for drivers. We are conveniently located just a few short minutes’ walk from Tyrone Square Mall at the intersection of Tyrone Blvd and 66th Street South East Corner, next to 5th Third Bank. Call us to make an appointment!
Please bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Current state driver’s license
- Glasses or contacts
- Medical history
- Contact list of primary doctors and specialists, please include addresses and phone numbers,
- Prescriptions, all current medications, and over the counter medications
For more information about our DOT physical exams or other employer services, please call to speak with one of our medical professionals at (727) 498-4591.